Search For Books
Little Black Book (Bibliophile Mystery #15) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Bibliophile Mystery series.
- #1: Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: If Books Could Kill: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Book Supremacy (Bibliophile Mystery #3) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #4: Murder Under Cover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: One Book in the Grave: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Peril in Paperback: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: A Cookbook Conspiracy (Bibliophile Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Book Stops Here (Bibliophile Mystery #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #9: Ripped from the Pages (Bibliophile Mystery #9) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #10: Books of a Feather: A Bibliophile Mystery (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #11: Once Upon a Spine (Bibliophile Mystery #11) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #12: Buried in Books (Bibliophile Mystery #12) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #13: The Book Supremacy (Bibliophile Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #14: The Grim Reader (Bibliophile Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $26.00
San Francisco book-restoration expert Brooklyn Wainwright is on the case when a rare edition of Rebecca leads to murder in this latest installment in the New York Times bestselling Bibliophile Mystery series.
Brooklyn has been happily settling into married life with her hunky husband, security expert Derek Stone, when a little black book arrives in the mail on a quiet Saturday afternoon. The book is a rare British first edition of Rebecca, and inside, Brooklyn finds a note from her old friend Claire Quinn, asking her to restore it to its former luster. The two women met while working as expert appraisers on the television show This Old Attic. Brooklyn appraised books on the show and Claire's expertise was in antique British weaponry, but they bonded over their shared love of gothic novels.
The day after the book arrives, Claire shows up at Brooklyn and Derek's home--in disguise. She believes her life is in danger, and as soon as Derek sits her down and questions her, Claire reveals that in the last few weeks she has experienced two near-fatal attacks, along with weird notes left in her mailbox, hang-up phone calls, and one very scary car chase. She's afraid that her past is catching up to her. When Claire was only nine years old, she witnesed several men, one of whom was her father, planning a terrible crime. And now it seems that she's been followed, bringing the threats against her literally to Brooklyn's doorstep. Can Brooklyn page through the clues to keep her friend's past from destroying their future?
About the Author
Kate Carlisle is the New York Times bestselling author of the Bibliophile Mysteries, including The Book Supremacy and Buried in Books, as well as the Fixer-Upper Mysteries, including A Wrench in the Works and Eaves of Destruction.