Search For Books
Ripped From the Pages (Bibliophile Mystery #9) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Bibliophile Mystery series.
- #1: Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: If Books Could Kill: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Lies That Bind: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Murder Under Cover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: One Book in the Grave: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Peril in Paperback: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: A Cookbook Conspiracy (Bibliophile Mysteries #7) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #8: The Book Stops Here (Bibliophile Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Books of a Feather (Bibliophile Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Once Upon a Spine (Bibliophile Mystery #11) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #12: Buried in Books (Bibliophile Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: The Book Supremacy (Bibliophile Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #14: The Grim Reader (Bibliophile Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #15: Little Black Book (Bibliophile Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #16: The Paper Caper (Bibliophile Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $27.00
In this novel in the New York Times bestselling Bibliophile Mystery series, book-restoration expert Brooklyn Wainwright visits California Wine Country where she uncovers murder and intrigue...
While Brooklyn has temporarily relocated to her parents’ place in Sonoma, she attends an excavation of the caves hidden deep under their commune. A room is unearthed, revealing artwork, rare books, cases of wine, a chest of jewelry...and a perfectly mummified body. A closer examination of the murdered man’s possessions reveals a valuable first edition of Jules Verne’s A Journey to the Center of the Earth containing a secret treasure map.
Word of the explosive find draws in reporters, art appraisers, and questions. After a new presence threatens the town’s peace, it’s clear that not all crime is buried in the past. So Brooklyn decides to do a little excavating of her own and solve the mystery of the treasure before anyone else is written off...
About the Author
A native Californian, New York Times bestselling author Kate Carlisle worked in television for many years before turning to writing. A lifelong fascination with the art and craft of bookbinding led her to write the Bibliophile Mysteries featuring Brooklyn Wainwright, whose bookbinding and restoration skills invariably uncover old secrets, treachery, and murder. She is also the author of the Fixer-Upper Mysteries featuring small-town girl Shannon Hammer, a building contractor specializing in home restoration.
Praise for the New York Times Bestselling Bibliophile Mysteries
“Kate Carlisle never fails to make me laugh, even as she has me turning the pages to see what’s going to happen next.”—Miranda James, New York Times bestselling author of the Cat in the Stacks Mysteries
“Carlisle’s dialogue is natural, her prose has great flow, and her striking descriptions bring Brooklyn’s world to life.”—Crimespree Magazine
“Captivating....The action builds to a surprising final showdown.”—Publishers Weekly
“A true whodunit...highlights Carlisle’s story line skills, her love for books, and her always-endearing heroine.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch