Search For Books
A Cookbook Conspiracy (Bibliophile Mystery #7) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Bibliophile Mystery series.
- #1: Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: If Books Could Kill: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Lies That Bind: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Murder Under Cover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: One Book in the Grave: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Peril in Paperback: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Book Stops Here (Bibliophile Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Ripped From the Pages (Bibliophile Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #10: Books of a Feather (Bibliophile Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Once upon a Spine (Bibliophile Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Buried in Books (Bibliophile Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: The Book Supremacy (Bibliophile Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: The Grim Reader (Bibliophile Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #15: Little Black Book (Bibliophile Mystery #15) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #16: The Paper Caper (Bibliophile Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $27.00
It’s a recipe for disaster when bookbinder Brooklyn Wainwright is asked to restore an antique cookbook in this novel in the New York Times bestselling Bibliophile Mystery series.
Brooklyn’s sister Savannah and her former culinary school classmates all became successful chefs, especially Savannah’s ex-boyfriend Baxter Cromwell, who went on to culinary superstardom. When he invites the old gang to the gala opening of his new restaurant in San Francisco, Savannah asks Brooklyn to restore a rare antique cookbook as a present for him.
The night they all gather, Baxter is found dead, the cookbook has disappeared, and Savannah becomes the suspect du jour. But Brooklyn knows her sister is innocent, and there are plenty of old grudges simmering among this backstabbing bunch. Now she’ll have to turn up the heat on the investigation before Chef Savannah finds herself slinging hash in a prison cafeteria.
About the Author
A native Californian, New York Times bestselling author Kate Carlisle worked in television for many years before turning to writing. A lifelong fascination with the art and craft of bookbinding led her to write the Bibliophile Mysteries featuring Brooklyn Wainwright, whose bookbinding and restoration skills invariably uncover old secrets, treachery, and murder. She is also the author of the Fixer-Upper Mysteries featuring small-town girl Shannon Hammer, a building contractor specializing in home restoration.
Praise for the New York Times Bestselling Bibliophile Mysteries
“Kate Carlisle never fails to make me laugh, even as she has me turning the pages to see what’s going to happen next.”—Miranda James, New York Times bestselling author of the Cat in the Stacks Mysteries
“Carlisle’s dialogue is natural, her prose has great flow, and her striking descriptions bring Brooklyn’s world to life.”—Crimespree Magazine
“Captivating....The action builds to a surprising final showdown.”—Publishers Weekly
“A true whodunit...highlights Carlisle’s story line skills, her love for books, and her always-endearing heroine.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch