Search For Books
Due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases and the spread of the Omicron variant, WordsWorth Books will now require customers to mask inside our store, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to offer curbside service for those who prefer not to come into the store. Thank you for your consideration!
One Book in the Grave: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Bibliophile Mystery series.
- #1: Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: If Books Could Kill: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Lies That Bind: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Murder Under Cover: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Peril in Paperback: A Bibliophile Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: A Cookbook Conspiracy (Bibliophile Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Book Stops Here (Bibliophile Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Ripped From the Pages (Bibliophile Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #10: Books of a Feather (Bibliophile Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Once upon a Spine (Bibliophile Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Buried in Books (Bibliophile Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: The Book Supremacy (Bibliophile Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: The Grim Reader (Bibliophile Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #15: Little Black Book (Bibliophile Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #16: The Paper Caper (Bibliophile Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $27.00
There may be grave consequences for bookbinder Brooklyn Wainwright as she attempts to solve two murders tied to one book in this novel in the New York Times bestselling Bibliophile Mystery series.
Brooklyn’s chance to restore a rare first edition of Beauty and the Beast seems a fairy tale come true—until she realizes the book belonged to an old friend of hers. Ten years ago, Max Adams, a brawny renowned papermaker, fell in love with a stunning beauty, Emily, and gave her the copy of Beauty and the Beast as a symbol of their love. Soon afterward, he died in a car crash, and Brooklyn has always suspected his possessive ex-girlfriend and her jealous beau.
Now she decides to find out who sold the book and return it to its rightful owner—Emily. She believes a rare book dealer can assist her, but when she arrives at his shop, she finds him murdered. Is it possible that the same couple who may have killed Max are now after his edition of Beauty and the Beast? With the help of her handsome boyfriend, Derek Stone, Brooklyn must unravel the murder plot—before she ends up in a plot herself....
About the Author
A native Californian, New York Times bestselling author Kate Carlisle worked in television for many years before turning to writing. A lifelong fascination with the art and craft of bookbinding led her to write the Bibliophile Mysteries featuring Brooklyn Wainwright, whose bookbinding and restoration skills invariably uncover old secrets, treachery, and murder. She is also the author of the Fixer-Upper Mysteries featuring small-town girl Shannon Hammer, a building contractor specializing in home restoration.
“Kate Carlisle never fails to make me laugh, even as she has me turning the pages to see what’s going to happen next.”—Miranda James, New York Times bestselling author of the Cat in the Stacks Mysteries
“Carlisle’s dialogue is natural, her prose has great flow, and her striking descriptions bring Brooklyn’s world to life.”—Crimespree Magazine
“Captivating....The action builds to a surprising final showdown.”—Publishers Weekly
“A true whodunit...highlights Carlisle’s story line skills, her love for books, and her always-endearing heroine.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch